I'm trying to design a database for the information shown in the table below:
In this regard, let's make the following assumptions:
- Each Student may take many Courses
- Each Course may have many Students
- Student Numbers, Course Numbers and Advisor Names are unique
- Student Names and Course Descriptions are not unique
- Each Student has one Advisor
- Each Advisor may advise many Students
- Each Advisor has one Office
- A Student can visit with his Advisor many times
My current approach
So far, I have come up with the following diagramatic representation:
Being that this contains a many-to-many (M:N) relationship, I am confused as to what the association class (or associative entity type) should be.
What would the correct way to represent this relationship be?