I'm new to MySQL. However I am very familiar with Oracle and MSSQL. This is what I have done so far:
- Installed MySQL 5.7 on RHEL 7.2
- Created a test db called "mydb" and test table called "employee".
- Location of these files are /usr/var/lib/mydb /usr/var/lib/mydb/employee.frm /usr/var/lib/mydb/employee.idb
- Able to connect to MySQL from a client machine and can see the "mydb".
So my server and connectivity are fine. Now I want to move some of the MySQL 5.0 databases from an old Windows box to this new RHEL Linux box.
Sample of old MySQL 5.0 database files:
- region.myd region.myi region.frm
I don't have much knowledge of the MySQL database architecture. I just noticed the MySQL 5.0 has extensions of .frm, .myd and myi while the MySQL 5.7 has .frm and the .ibd
My question is: How can I quickly migrate those two "region" files to my new RHEL box so they conform to the .frm and .ibd file format?