- Azure SQL database (migrated from SQL Server)
- Old database originally (15 years+)
- Dealing with a single table (trying to delete records)
- Using an admin user
- Using SSMS 2014
- There are some triggers on the table (disabling them yields no change in error)
- Name of database is
databasenamein our example here
- There is an azure blob storage where files are stored and are "referenced" by an app via the records in said
tblImagestable -- but I cannot see any hard link between the two (is that even possible?)
I can select, insert and update records in this table, but cannot delete.
delete from [databasename].[dbo].[tblImages] where companyid = 123
Msg 40515, Level 15, State 1, Line 91 Reference to database and/or server name in 'Azure.dbo.tblImages' is not supported in this version of SQL Server.
But who said anything about "Azure.dbo.tblImages' ?!?
Things I've tried
- Have tried fully qualifying the table name, and not - no change.
- Have tried deleting records using the "edit top 200" feature, same error
- tried disabling all triggers on the table, no change
- tried script "create to new window" but nothing about linked databases/servers or other table constraints
Here's a simple test that succeeds with entirely same environment:
CREATE TABLE _tmpPersons ( PersonID int, LastName varchar(255), FirstName varchar(255), Address varchar(255), City varchar(255) ); INSERT INTO _tmpPersons ( PersonID , LastName , FirstName , Address , City ) VALUES (123, 'Tore', 'Tess', '123 Main St.', 'Nowheresville'); select * from _tmpPersons; delete from _tmpPersons where PersonId = 123; select * from _tmpPersons;
I have already tried fully qualified
[database].[schema].[table] and different combinations thereof.
It is definitely a table, and there ARE triggers, but disabling them changes nothing.
Zero results found from:
SELECT OBJECT_NAME(referencing_id), referenced_database_name FROM sys.sql_expression_dependencies WHERE referenced_database_name IS NOT NULL;