How to improve time for patching installs? Applying patches on test Hyper-V VM's prior to production patching. It is a two node Always-On AG.
From Detail.txt when I let it run:
(01) 2017-04-26 15:55:36 Slp: Running discovery on remote machine: SQLHADEV1 (01) 2017-04-26 21:48:32 Slp: Discovery on SQLHADEV1 is complete
Things I've checked/done:
- Resources are lightly used shown in task manager
- Validated the Cluster
- Overkill on security, the account running the SQL Services on both nodes is sysadmin on both nodes
Attempted to get cluster log but it error-ed
PS SQLSERVER:\> Get-ClusterLog -Destination C:\tempsql Get-ClusterLog : The network name cannot be found.
Tested install media on non-AG local box and it installed as expected
- Applied windows updates on both servers, failed over, failed back, and restarted servers. Successful automatic failover
- HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters\AutoShareServer to 1. restart the server service. Validate my navigating to \servername\C$. If you can't navigate there, the Admin$ share is not available.
- Ran the patch install on a non-AG Hyper-V VM successfully
- No errors or messages in the Windows Event Logs or SQL Server event logs on either node that are telling.