I manage Oracle databases that are backed up using RMAN. How can I find gaps in the backed-up archivelogs?
I.e., I want to detect when something like this happens:
- Take full backup with archivelogs
- Back up morning archivelogs and delete input
- Back up evening archivelogs and delete input
- Someone permanently deletes the backupsets containing the morning archivelogs
- Crosscheck so RMAN knows some backupsets have gone missing
Short of doing or simulating a full restore and recovery, how can I detect that there is a gap? How can I see that backupsets are missing that would be needed for full recovery?