I have a postgres database running on a NAS Synology DiskStation (DS216j). I set this up using ubuntu and modify the files pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf through SSH.
I would like to access to the db from a computer outside my local network and perform changes.
- I enebled from the NAS control panel the option: quickconnect. This allow a remote computer to have access to the NAS where the file of the databases are. However when I click on my Libreofficebase database file, I can see the structure, but I wont be able to open the file after insert user/psw.
- I have created a second user on the database.
- I have created a second user on the control panel of the NAS.
- Do I have to change something in the files: pg_hba.conf or postgresql.conf ?
- Do I have to enable/set something in my router?
- Do I have to have a static IP address on my router?
- Any kind of driver issue?
If anybody had this experience any help will be apprecciated.