Can someone help me to troubleshoot this error?
Error:OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI11" for linked server "TESTSERV" returned message "No transaction is active.". Msg 7391, Level 16, State 2, Line 7 The operation could not be performed because OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI11" for linked server "TESTSERV" was unable to begin a distributed transaction.
I am getting the error executing the code below.
CREATE TABLE #Drive ( drive char(1) Primary Key, freespace int null ) Insert into #Drive EXEC TESTSERV.MASTER.xp_fixedDrives
I've already done the following set up:
Allow Remote Clients Allow Outbound
On Security tab of Local DTC Properties in Component Services:
- Go To Run, type comexp.msc.
- Double click "Console Root".
- Double click "Component Services.
- Double click "Computers".
- Double click "My Computer".
- Double click "Distributed Transaction Coordinator".
- Right click "Local DTC" under "Distributed Transaction Coordinator", and click properties.
- Click the "Security" tab.
- Put tick marks on the checkboxes "Allow Remote Clients" and "Allow Outbound".
Still not fixed.
Different clone is used here for remote machine.