I have an existing mongo (3.4) database that is growing quickly, so I need to shard it. I am only getting started with sharding/replication and I'm going through the documentation at the moment.
Is this a logical sequence of events for sharding and replicating an existing collection:
- create 3x config server replica set
- connect the existing mongo server with the config set
- enable sharding on the existing db
- create another mongo server and connect with the config set
- shard existing collection
- create replica servers and connect with the config set