I created a maintenance plan a week ago and it's been executing fine every night. Now the Database Shrink task has stopped working and throws this error:
Property Size is not available for Database '[foo]'. This property may not exist for this object, or may not be retrievable due to insufficient access rights.
Yesterday I installed a couple of SQL Server hotfixes offered by Windows Update (4411 and 4457, if that matters). It's the only change I've possibly made.
My task looks like this:
- Connection: Local server connection (sa)
All databasesAll user databases
- Shrink database when it grows beyond: 50 MB
- Amount of free space to remain after shrink (10%)
- Return freed space to operating system
Some of my findings:
- If I generate the T-SQL code and execute it manually it runs flawlessly.
- If I create a new maintenance plan with an identical Database Shrink task it runs flawlessly.
What can the problem be?