I need to upgrade my Sharepoint2013 Farm, and the SQL2012 servers are in AlwaysOn mode.
I was wondering if I could use Always On in the following catastrophic scenario:
- Take a VM snapshot of Sharepoint Web Front End servers;
- Shut down SQL#2;
- Upgrade Sharepoint Farm (we are 1 SP and 27 CUs short);
- Catastrophic failure during upgrade or upgrade fails somehow;
- Shut down SQL#1;
- Shut down Sharepoint farm;
- Power on SQL#2 (so AO listener is now pointed here);
- Restore Sharepoint VMs;
Am I all back to normal as if upgrade never happened at this point? Would this really work?
Now, if I power on SQL#1 at this point, will #2 resume Always On on #1 properly, or will I get some sort of desynchronised alerts? Or, in the worst that could happen, will SQl#1 start to override SQl#2?