Log Shipping Fail-over
I have set up log Shipping with Cluster. In this scenario I want to simulate a situation when the whole cluster becomes inaccessible. My Steps for fail-over will be
- Copy and restore T-logs (
WITH RECOVERY) that are not applied, to put the database online
- Since the Primary in not accessible so I cannot take a T-log and put it in restoring state
- Disable the above two jobs
- Change the application connection strings to the new primary.
My confusion arises what should I do when the Old Primary comes live again:
- Should I take the T-log back up and put the database in restoring state so that I can set it up as a secondary and then fail-over to make it primary.
If that’s the case then wont the log shipping fail if I want to configure without initializing (since I have the database in restoring state) as it will look for the last T-log which I Have not applied to my new secondary as the primary was not accessible during fail-over.
Thanks in advance