Window account is getting the below error when trying to connect into the SQL instance via management studio 2014.
The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'configurations', database 'mssqlsystemresource', schema 'sys' (Error 229)
The SQL instance is 2014, the user doesn't get the error if I make the login sysadmin.
- The login has connect permission to the instance and even if i give it dbowner to the master database it cannot connect.
- Default database is master also.
- It is not an orphaned user
- I have tried the GRANT VIEW DEFINITION - no luck
- I have checked and the login doesnt have any DENY permissions
When i go into the properties of the login > Securables > effective tab > it gives the error:
The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'fn_my_permissions', database 'mssqlsystemresource', schema 'sys'.
So that is obviously related also