I'am facing some difficulties regarding my Sql Backup method, i am not sure if my method is correct, i am using a backup method described below;
- Created a Full backup named Xbackup in Maintenance Plans, which backups in X External Drive with the extension of *.bak.
- Once in a day Job created Automatically in Sql Server Agent .
- Once in a day backup software transfers the bak files to a NAS device.
- If *.bak files are older than 2 days a job deletes them on server
- If *.bak files are older than 5 days a job deletes them on Nas Device
The difficulties are;
- There are 7 database to backup and 7 *.bak files to copy, it is huge 330 GB to back up and transfer to NAS everyday and it is increasing up to 5 gb everyday.
- Some times backups does not transfered correctly
- it takes a lot of time to backup and transfer it to Nas device
Not: Nas device was shutting down when it finishes the transfer and Turn on when transfer time comes, but nowadays i canceled this task because of increasing file size i couldn't figure it out how long it takes to backup .bak files and how long Nas device has stay on in order to finish transfer.
What would be your suggestions?