I have installed the software on my clients system where sql server was already installed. I have installed another named instance.
I am able to login to the SQL server from another computers, when I check the settings if found that.
- TCP IP of my named instance is Disabled
- SQL Browser is running
- There is no UDP port open for sql browser i.e 1434
- SQLSever.exe is not added as exception in Firewall
- Firewall settings are off in the Quickheal antivirus
- I am using connection string as "computername\instancename" to connect
I wish to know how the are other computers able to connect when Port 1434 is off