Have been running the Ola Hallengren scripts on our new SQL Server 2016 Enterprise server for about 6 weeks or so now. The database Integrity script only works intermittently on some instances. Others are fine. I cannot find a cause for these failures.
The failure on the 9th failure above for example, seems to be fine for some databases, but then just stops:
I did run the checkdb manually against the database shown, and got the following initial message, but it appeared to complete ok:
DBCC CHECKDB will not check SQL Server catalog or Service Broker consistency because a database snapshot could not be created or because WITH TABLOCK was specified.
Completed though with no issues:
I ran the output to a file, all databases except one succeeded.
Date and time: 2018-12-11 10:09:19 Command: DBCC CHECKDB ([xxxxxxx]) WITH NO_INFOMSGS, ALL_ERRORMSGS, DATA_PURITY Msg 5030, Level 16, State 12, Server XXXXX\XXXX, Line 1 The database could not be exclusively locked to perform the operation. Msg 7926, Level 16, State 1, Server XXXXX\XXXX, Line 1 Check statement aborted. The database could not be checked as a database snapshot could not be created and the database or table could not be locked. See Books Online for details of when this behavior is expected and what workarounds exist. Also see previous errors for more details. Outcome: Failed Duration: 00:00:20 Date and time: 2018-12-11 10:09:39
Looking at the failures, it does fail on databases that have an open connection. For some I've managed to request users log off and all appears to work ok.
I've posted this on technet too, all suggestions appear superfluous.