I have the
max_server_memory setting configured to 141 GB on our production SQL Server and target/total server memory is 144 GB.
max_server_memory represents how much memory I am willing to let the SQL Server engine use, if so why is it using more than that?
Running SQL Server 2012 SP3, physical machine with 160 GB memory installed, no other instances running on the box but we are also running Integration Services.
We have 75 user databases, for a total size of 928 GB. I am not sure if columnstore is being used, or how could I check that. This is a vendor application.
Right now target memory = 144,384,008 and total = 144,378,261.
The instance has been up since last night, 2019-05-01 22:20:21.097 EST. We had some infrastructure maintenance that required the instance to be stopped. However I have noticed for quite some time that total/target is always at 144 while max has always been set to 141. PLE during main business hours Monday-Friday is about an .5 to 1 hour on average, sometimes it jumps to 2 hours.