Same issue as described here: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/f6bf89cd-75de-49f9-8a3a-743419ecd631/ssrs-2016-editing-text-in-a-textbox-very-slow-in-the-designer?forum=sqlreportingservices
But since those forums are dead as a.. well, a dead thing.. I wanted to re-ask here.
As stated, when designing a report in VS 2015 against SSRS 2016, when I have a tablix and go to edit the text in a textbox in that tablix (say, a column header one, where I'm typing something in manually instead of pulling the value from the dataset), it goes V..E..R..Y..S..L..O..W..L..Y. Every character/keystroke takes many fractions of a second, if not OVER one second. It literally took almost 5 seconds to finish typing & previewing the text 'Units' in one box.
Any help, suggestions, things I can disable or check? (And if the answer is "upgrade VS to 2017 or 2019", that is acceptable IFF you have legit real-world evidence that it helps! I'm not avoiding the upgrade entirely, I'm just not convinced that it's THE solution to this particular problem!)
I will also say, anecdotally, this doesn't seem to have always been true; it seems to have started at some point within the past year-ish, but when specifically I couldn't tell you.
- VS Pro 2015: 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
- BI Developer Extensions for VS 2015: 2.1.1 (formerly BIDS Helper)
- SQL Server Data Tools 14.0.61707.300
- SQL Server Reporting Services: 14.0.806.134
- Redgate SQL Prompt: 184.108.40.20628
- Core i5-5200U @ 2.2GHz, 12 GB RAM, Samsung 850EVO SSD
- Windows 10 Enterprise v1809 / build 17753.379