We have a 2.5TB refresh in Production, I have automated the refresh of latest production backup to lower environment every Sunday night. And during this activity, SQL error log is filled with
Login failed for user 'xxxx'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database 'xxxx'.
The options to stop these I could think of is:
- Ask app team to stop connecting to DB during refresh - they have lot of process, so they are not ready.
- Recycle error log post refresh - I need to search the entire log file for any messages during refresh (non login failed errors)
- Disable the login - that creates alerts too.
What is the best approach? Any thoughts? Or am I missing something stupid?
Unfortunately, due to other apps that connect to this instance, I can't:
- disable logging of failed logins entirely, or
- block all connections (via the firewall, etc)