Think I already know the answer to this but I'll ask anyway.
- SQL 2012 Always On - 2 synchronous replicas.
- 7 TB worth of Sharepoint DBs in 1 AG.
- Before patching - I want a Full DB backup.
- Backup share is on Secondary server B.
- Backup from server A to backup share on server B = 12 hours.
- Backup from server B to backup share on server B = 6 hours, BUT the backups need to be COPY ONLY.
If I try and restore these and create an AG - it fails. I need to take ANOTHER Full Db backup = another 6 hours, before I can recreate the AG.
So COPY ONLY backups are useless. Unless I'm missing something? What's the point of these?