The following setup applies:
- 3 node galera cluster in docker
- backup container that should run mariabackup to get the data out of the galera cluster
- network is fine. backup container can ping galera
- mariadb/mariabackup version 10.3
- the backup container only has mariabackup installed.
The command that i used
mariabackup --backup --host=<service_name> --port=3306 --user=root --password=<pass> --target-dir=/backup
When trying to backup from galera-cluster from within the backup-container i get the following error
00] 2019-09-15 23:38:34 Connecting to MySQL server host: mdb_mariadb, user: root, password: set, port: 3306, socket: /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock  2019-09-15 23:38:34 Using server version 10.3.18-MariaDB-1:10.3.18+maria~bionic-log  2019-09-15 23:38:34 Warning: option 'datadir' points to nonexistent directory '/var/lib/mysql/'  2019-09-15 23:38:34 Warning: MySQL variable 'datadir' points to nonexistent directory '/var/lib/mysql/'  2019-09-15 23:38:34 Warning: option 'datadir' has different values: '/var/lib/mysql/' in defaults file '/var/lib/mysql/' in SHOW VARIABLES mariabackup based on MariaDB server 10.3.18-MariaDB debian-linux-gnu (x86_64)  2019-09-15 23:38:34 uses posix_fadvise(). mariabackup: Can't change dir to '/var/lib/mysql/' (Errcode: 2 "No such file or directory")  2019-09-15 23:38:34 my_setwd() failed , /var/lib/mysql/
What i tried.
- researching various gists for clues
- researching the mariadb scripts provided by the server install
- trying different option combinations, but always the same error.
- Has anyone made remote backups and can tell me how you succeeded?
- Is the approach wrong and is there a better way to make hot backups once per day and incremental during the day?