Recently we added a new column [NewColumn] in a table [OurTable]. After that, a query from linked server referencing this table failed with error:
The multi-part identifier "[OurTable].[NewColumn]" could not be bound.
This is the query referencing the table, it was not even referencing the NewColumn.
SELECT 'test' AS dummy FROM [LinkedServer].[Database].[Schema].[OurTable] ot
The fix was to get rid of the alias and the query worked
SELECT 'test' AS dummy FROM [LinkedServer].[Database].[Schema].[Table]
The only change is removing the alias.
I'm lost here, I've checked
lazy schema validation and it's
I wanted to try to create a synonym, but I'm missing the permissions to do so.
EDIT: Found the same problem here