- Windows 10, build 1903 (freshly installed)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (SP2) (KB4052908) - 13.0.5026.0 (X64) Mar 18 2018 09:11:49 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0 (Build 18362: )
- SSMS v17.3 (14.0.17199.0)
Any activity I want to do in it, from opening, to connecting to a database engine, to right-clicking on a database, to creating a new database, to opening up a new query window, to browsing tables, any activity that is not query takes like 5 to 10 seconds to perform. It's clearly apparent that SSMS is doing something for each activity, and it gets stuck somewhere.
Here are the things I've done so far, without effect:
- Blocked Microsoft's certificate URL (adding 127.0.0.1 crl.microsoft.com to hosts file)
- Downloading certificate and installing it from http://crl.microsoft.com/pki/crl/products/MicrosoftRootAuthority.crl
- Connecting to "local" instead of "."
- Resetting user-defined settings in "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SQL Server Management Studio"
- No antivirus is installed (only Windows Defender, the default of Windows)
It's a shame that a program from such a reputable company can't work smooth out of the box, and troubleshooting it is sooooooooooooooo difficult.
Could you please help. How can I diagnose what's wrong with SSMS.
Update: This problem exists even with SSMS v18.2 (15.0.18142.0)