SQL 2016 - Enterprise Edition Windows 2016 Reporting Services runs on domain account (SPN registered for new host header)
Problem: When adding a host header in Reporting Services Configuration tool, like reports.server.net, users need to login to the reporting services. When I remove the host header and try to connect to hostname/reports I do not get prompted for user/password.
Fact: - When i use the default site address http://servername/Reports, before adding a new host header, the site opens up without login prompt
What I've done:
- Created a Host record in DNS for the new address, pointing at reporting services server
- Registered a SPN for the new host record to the service account for reporting service
- Added the new host header to reporting services for web service url and web portal url
- Played around authentication types in the reportserver.config file according to (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/security/configure-windows-authentication-on-the-report-server?view=sql-server-ver15&viewFallbackFrom=sql-server-ver13)
- Enabled delegation for the reporting services service account "just in case"
I can't seem to add a host header without beening forced to login, despite above.
Anyone been here?