ENV: AIX 7.1 Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 188.8.131.52.0 - 64bitNo RAC, No PDB. (Pretty plain-vanilla)
We recently had an outage of some of our Oracle AIX environments. After the servers were restarted, I am not able to start Oracle.
Startup just hangs.
It then lets me type into the session, but won't let me ctl-c out, and it doesn't respond to anything. (quit, exit, etc.)
The dbstart command
It's log file contains
SQL> Connected to an idle instance.
What I've done:
- I've tried SQLPlus / as sysdba ... startup with various parameters
- I've tried the dbstart command
- I've looked at all data files to assure they are not corrupted (using dbv command) .
- Looked for alert log.xml file. (nothing being produced with today's date)
- Looked for trc files. (nothing being produced with today's date)
- Verified that $ORACLE_HOME and $ORACLE_SID are set correctly
Can anyone point me in a direction that might be productive? I need to open a support request with Oracle, but thought I'd start here :-)