0

Recently I had to reinstall Xampp and I added some older databases to MySQL after which all seemed to run just fine. Now, a few months later, I got an error while using IsNumeric in a query, and was told by the MySQL error message to run mysql_upgrade -u root -p, so I did.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work, as I run into the issue that the upgrade tells me that some tables already exist (innodb_table_stats, innodb_index_stats, transaction_registry and gtid_slave_pos). After some Googling I found several posts telling me just to delete those files and run the upgrade again, but this fails with the exact same message.

Any idea how I can get this upgrade to finish, or what is going on (wrong) here? Here is the actual output from the upgrade:

> C:\xampp\mysql\bin>mysql_upgrade --force -u root -p
Enter password: ****
Phase 1/7: Checking and upgrading mysql database
Processing databases
mysql
mysql.column_stats                                 OK
mysql.columns_priv                                 OK
mysql.db                                           OK
mysql.event                                        OK
mysql.func                                         OK
mysql.global_priv                                  OK
mysql.help_category                                OK
mysql.help_keyword                                 OK
mysql.help_relation                                OK
mysql.help_topic                                   OK
mysql.index_stats                                  OK
mysql.plugin                                       OK
mysql.proc                                         OK
mysql.procs_priv                                   OK
mysql.proxies_priv                                 OK
mysql.roles_mapping                                OK
mysql.servers                                      OK
mysql.table_stats                                  OK
mysql.tables_priv                                  OK
mysql.time_zone                                    OK
mysql.time_zone_leap_second                        OK
mysql.time_zone_name                               OK
mysql.time_zone_transition                         OK
mysql.time_zone_transition_type                    OK
mysql.user_info                                    OK
Phase 2/7: Installing used storage engines... Skipped
Phase 3/7: Fixing views
mysql.user                                         OK
Phase 4/7: Running 'mysql_fix_privilege_tables'
ERROR 1050 (42S01) at line 682: Table '`mysql`.`innodb_table_stats`' already exists
ERROR 1050 (42S01) at line 686: Table '`mysql`.`innodb_index_stats`' already exists
ERROR 1050 (42S01) at line 690: Table '`mysql`.`transaction_registry`' already exists
ERROR 1050 (42S01) at line 762: Table '`mysql`.`gtid_slave_pos`' already exists
FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed

Thanks for any tips!

Edit: I found a message on another forum telling me to log in to the database to repair all these tables (using "command repair table x" as root), but it tells me the tables do not exist. The same goes for an attempt to drop these tables, again I get the message that they do not exist.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.