- I am building a MariaDB Galera Cluster, on AWS, EC2. Using MariaDB 10.5 and Galera 4.
- I have two nodes in the California region, named galera_ca and galera_ca2, and a third node in Oregon name galera_or
- The security groups between the servers are wide open, and the ping time between OR and CA is 12ms
- I started galera_ca using galera_new_cluster
- I started galera_ca2 using systemctl start mariadb
The two California nodes connect and share data just fine.
wsrep_cluster_size indicates that I have two nodes in the cluster.
- I started galera_or using systemctl start mariadb
Oregon then hangs on starting for a very long time, and wsrep_cluster_size shows three nodes, but the server cannot be connected to.
Eventually systemctl start mariadb returns this message:
Job for mariadb.service failed because a fatal signal was delivered to the control process. See "systemctl status mariadb.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
systemctl status mariadb.service doesn't show anything exceptional,
journalctl -xe shows:
requested state transfer from 'any', but it is impossible to select State Transfer donor: Resource temporarily unavailable
wsrep_cluster_size still shows three nodes, but mariadb is not running in OR.
If I try to shut down either of the California servers systemctl stop mariadb it never returns.
All three servers have basically the same configuration:
[galera] wsrep_on=ON wsrep_provider=/usr/lib64/galera-4/libgalera_smm.so wsrep_node_name='galera_ca' wsrep_node_address="INTERNAL ADDRESS OF THIS NODE" wsrep_cluster_name='galera-experiment' wsrep_cluster_address="gcomm://EXTERNAL ADDRESS OF NODE CA, EXTERNAL ADDRESS OF NODE CA2, EXTERNAL ADDRESS OF NODE OR" wsrep_provider_options="gcache.size=300M; gcache.page_size=300M" wsrep_slave_threads=4 wsrep_sst_method=rsync binlog_format=row default_storage_engine=InnoDB innodb_autoinc_lock_mode=2 bind-address=0.0.0.0
If I try just one CA node and the OR node, the result is the same.