A bit of context: I am trying out flowable, however tomcat chokes at a certain point while populating the database, the usual exception wall of text boils down to the title of this post. First time I put my hands on tomcat in a long time, I may be missing the obvious.
Update: this query now works.
CREATE TABLE flowable.FLW_EVENT_DEPLOYMENT ( ID_ VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, NAME_ VARCHAR(255) NULL, CATEGORY_ VARCHAR(255) NULL, DEPLOY_TIME_ datetime(3) NULL, TENANT_ID_ VARCHAR(255) NULL, PARENT_DEPLOYMENT_ID_ VARCHAR(255) NULL, CONSTRAINT PK_FLW_EVENT_DEPLOYMENT PRIMARY KEY (ID_) )
What I did: I switched from utf8mb4 to plain old utf8 thanks to this bit "I know UTF8mb4 can only support up to VARCHAR(191)" (thanks @Lennart for making me think harder about this). So there is progress but I have the same error later on another query:
CREATE UNIQUE INDEX ACT_IDX_EVENT_DEF_UNIQ ON flowable.FLW_EVENT_DEFINITION(KEY_, VERSION_, TENANT_ID_)
Those three columns are respectively varchar(255) utf8_general_ci, int(11), varchar(255) utf8_general_ci.
I found quite a number of suggested solutions, but none seem to apply to my mariadb version,
innodb-large-prefix=ON in particular has been deprecated, tried a few different collations without success. I have spent quite a bit of time on this already, tried to swap mariadb connector for mysql connector too to rule out a bug in the library itself.
For example I tried the accepted solution here to no avail, probably because:
- innodb_file_format is deprecated and has no effect. It may be removed in future releases.
- innodb_file_format_max surprisingly causes an error on config check, Antelope is deprecated anyway and mariadb wouldn't use it for a new table
- innodb_large_prefix was removed in 10.3.1 and restored as a deprecated and unused variable in 10.4.3 for compatibility purposes.