After successfully building my project, I got this error when deploying it:
The project could not be deployed to the '\SQLEXPRESS' server because of the following connectivity problems :
A connection cannot be made to redirector. Ensure that 'SQL Browser' service is running.
To verify or update the name of the target server, right-click on the project in Solution Explorer, select Project Properties, click on the Deployment tab, and then enter the name of the server.
Things I've checked/tried so far:
- Changing the deployment server name (from localhost to my actual SQL Server name)
- Making sure SQL Server Browser service is running (which is running in SSCM)
- Registry SSrpListener value (should be 1 -- mine is 1)
- Running both Visual Studio and SSCM as administrator
- Visual Studio Community 2019 (16.9.2)
- SQL Server Data Tools (16.0.62103.10080)
- SQL Server Analysis Services (15.0.19445.0)
- SQL Server Configuration Manager (2019.0150.2000.05)
- SQL Server Management Studio (15.0.18369.0 or v18.8)
- SQL Server 2019 Express (15.0.2000.5)
- Windows 10 (10.0.19042)
Based on the information I've provided above, I still could not deploy the project.