Hi i'm newbie in Datawarehousing, how would you model this in a Data Warehouse:
i wish design the Data Warehouse which give the answers of statistics relating to a baseball league
•How many times has a batter to bat.
•How many runs scored is.
•How many hits,doubles hit and triples hits.
•How many homeruns did.
•many base on balls
▪ How many outs, double play takes
▪ How many assists has
▪ How many errors lead or Pitcher:
▪ How many games has lost
▪ has won many games
▪ How many saved games
▪ How many complete games leads
▪ How many games have started many times it has bleaching
▪ How many hit, double hit received, received triple hit, received homerun
It is important to check the equipment-specific information, this information is:
• How many games won as a visitor and as homeclub
• Games lost as a visitor
• Games lost as a homeclub
• How many times lost/gained when rival starting pitcher was left-handed
• How many times lost/gained when rival starting pitcher was right-handed
• How many games won / lost in extra inning
Additionally it is important to check the information of each of the games, this information is:
• Which team was homeclub
• Which team was visiting
• On what date was played
• In what city was played
• What was the score (it is a string of the form AB where A is the amount of runs scored by the winning team and losing team B)
• The winning team
• What pitcher lost
• What pitcher won
• What pitcher saved
• Number season game
Other important highlights
• Must be able to view detailed information for each player (name, Arm, etc).
• Must be able to view detailed information for each team (Name, Headquarters, etc).
• A season has 3 stages or Heat, or RoundRobin or Final Round
• It is important to know at-bat hitting a player, this shift comes from the alignment (first base, second base, etc)
• It is important to know the alignment of each play in defensive
As for the data of the players, it is important that this can be viewed as season, as each inning game even as regards data equipos.En equipment is important that this can be viewed as season.
Does anyone know some references on that precise part of DW design ? Any ideas?
Thanks a lot.