- Customer’s system
- VM running Windows Server Standard 2019, 16GB RAM, Intel Xeon Gold 5122 @ 3.6GHz (2 processors 4 virtual processors)
- PostgreSQL starts and runs fine for 5 minutes - 2 hours
- Postgres stops accepting new connections but existing connections continue to function.
- Postgres log shows
worker took too long to start; canceledand nothing else.
- Windows Task Manager shows multiple Postgres processes (like usual) with a single Postgres process suspended (Not normal)
- Trying to stop the Postgres service just hangs for a while unless you “end task” on the suspended process.
I've been googling for several hours and am not finding anything.