I have setup Maxscale (v6.2) and have connected to the Galera Cluster (3 nodes - MariaDB 10.5). I am trying to use the cache filter but it seems to not work. I have enabled general log for all the nodes and whenever I run the query I can see the queries are served from the nodes instead from the Maxscale cache.
Also I noticed that when I use mysqlslap with concurrency 10 I find that the general log file in each node shows 10 times connected and the actual query hit is 3. When I do similar operation using Haproxy then the general log shows 3 times connected and hit also 3. Not sure if there is anything to be setup properly for Maxscale.
Here is my maxscale.cnf
# MaxScale documentation: # https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb-maxscale-25/ # Global parameters # # Complete list of configuration options: # https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb-maxscale-25-mariadb-maxscale-configuration-guide/ [maxscale] threads=auto log_info=true # Server definitions # # Set the address of the server to the network # address of a MariaDB server. # [server1] type=server address=188.8.131.52 port=3306 protocol=MariaDBBackend [server2] type=server address=184.108.40.206 port=3306 protocol=MariaDBBackend [server3] type=server address=220.127.116.11 port=3306 protocol=MariaDBBackend # Monitor for the servers # # This will keep MaxScale aware of the state of the servers. # MariaDB Monitor documentation: # https://mariadb.com/kb/en/maxscale-25-monitors/ [Galera-Monitor] type=monitor module=galeramon servers=server1,server2,server3 user=maxscale password=XXXXXXXX monitor_interval=2000 #Galera router service [Galera-Service] type=service router=readwritesplit servers=server1,server2,server3 user=maxscale password=XXXXXXXX lazy_connect=true #Galera cluster listener [Galera-Listener] type=listener service=Galera-Service protocol=MariaDBClient address=0.0.0.0 port=3306 #cache [Cache] type=filter module=cache storage=storage_inmemory soft_ttl=300s hard_ttl=600s cached_data=shared