We are experiencing intermittent SQL Server issues, where from time to time, it would become unresponsive for a few minutes, causing an outage of a system, driving crazy many users.
I started using sp_Blitz and related tools to find hints.
But I got the following results, which looked very bad, "slow data reads", and alarming wait stats of all sorts (160 seconds waiting ?!?!)
- Could it be a hard drive issue ?
- Based on the image, what should be my top 3 priorities ?
- Could you give me hints that could help relieving the pain while I look into it more ?
- Just now I changed MAXDOP from 0 to 8 (we have 20 cores cpus)
- Next: Will tap the Cost Thresh for Paralellism
BLITZ version date is 4/8/2022
Thanks so much 🙏