Config: Window Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1 / SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (RTM)
I have searched through Google using many different words and phrases. I know this was a common issue to occur with SQL 2005 and most mention doing a command line to re-register the mof file and a few other things.
I'm getting the same issue similar to what everyone else receives: I can only see SSIS service within SSCM.
- I have checked Wmimgmt.msc permissions and I am an in local Administrator group and that group has Remote Enable. Reference
- I have enabled WMI trace log (feature in Server 2008 Event Viewer) and see the calls being made to the WMI provider, but no errors showing. Just information messages.
- I have tried calling the services information through PowerShell WMI command (here) and it only returns SSIS service as well. No error is returned when I execute the $mc.Services | Select Name, DisplayName it just returns SSIS service info and that's it.
- I've gone through the GP policies and don't see any settings that would restrict me having access to WMI providers.
- I have permission to "..\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Shared\sqlmgmprovider.dll" file.
I'm officially stumped now. I also checked Microsoft Connect and did not see any thing for this issue. SP1 for SQL Server 2008 R2 has not been applied but I don't see anything in that documentation that would have any effect on this issue.