Any help would be appreciated with either scenario.
Are there any settings available to download multiple files in parallel from an FTP server?
If not, I guess I'll just roll my own via C# script source component using: List Directory Contents with FTP, FtpWebRequest Class, and C# Multiple Download from FTP using parallel task - Duplicate Download issue to get going.
- SSIS 2012 saving to a local Windows Server 2012 directory
- 100 + ascii text files
- 6 sibling folders
- Filename convention:
- File size ranges from 5KB - 15MB
- Currently only able to download one file at a time
- Run once per day manually at this stage via SSDT (still prototyping/developing, so not on a production system, yet, but I plan to have Sql Agent running the packages in the future)
- Downstream packages to load text file data into data warehouse staging tables
(if script task is used then perhaps the response stream buffer can go into a multicast with 1 buffer stream writing to text files, while the other buffer stream writes to staging tables?)