I've been reading posts and manuals all day, I need help.
My problem: transaction log sizes after data and transaction log backups will not shrink, and grew to be unexpectedly large. The system is quiet; no programs/utilities updating the database.
What I expect to see is that after database file and transaction log backup, is to be able to shrink the log, that transaction log sizes decrease, and the
sys.database, changes to
- SQL Server 2012 (SP1) - 11.0.3321.0 (X64), build 9200.
- Configured w/high-availability mode; recovery set to full.
- Database file size, 16Gb, Compressed backup 13GB.
- 3x log files: 20MB, 10GB, 104GB (they all grew to 104GB, but I was able to shrink the first two)
- Backups complete, no update jobs are running now …
DBCC SQLPERF(logspace) == 112GBlog size, 64% used
- …and, ?
Select from sys.database log_reuse_wait_desc == "log_backup"
I update the database with Sql stored procs, some integrated-services truncate/load jobs, and a few C# linq-to-sql programs. No transactions…
Any expertise and guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.