I am forcing encryption on my SQL Server. My intention is to reject any client connection that does not use SSL to connect. Am I on the right track?
Here are my detailed steps :
- makecert -r -pe -n "CN=slc02xla.company.com" -b 01/01/2000 -e 01/01/2036 -eku 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.1 -ss my -sr localMachine -sky exchange -sp "Microsoft RSA SChannel Cryptographic Provider" -sy 12 c:\my.cer
- I imported the same certificate into the trusted Root Certification Authorities Store
- In SQL Server Configuration Manager, expandrf SQL Server Network Configuration, right-clicked Protocols for , and then selected Properties.
- On the Certificate tab, selected the desired certificate from the Certificate drop-down menu, and then clicked OK.
- On the Flags tab, selected Yes in the ForceEncryption box, and then clicked OK to close the dialog box.
- Restarted the SQL Server service.
Am I missing anything else?