This is my first official design after having read a coursebook in preparation for the upcoming semester. The goal is to have a user-based form creation/publication and submission web application.
A user should be able to create/publish a form on the site (my web server). Then users (both the creator of the form and others) should be able to submit the form. After that, a report could be generated and show which user submitted which answers. I tend to over-complicate statements when simple is better.
Here is how I envision the relationships working:
- A USER belongs to many GROUPS
- A GROUP consists of many USERS
- Due to the many-many association, a composite entity is created.
- A USER can create many FORMS
- Each FORM belongs to one USER
- A FORM provides many QUESTIONS
- Each QUESTION belongs to one FORM
- A QUESTION has many ANSWERS
- Each ANSWER goes with one QUESTION
- A FORM has many SUBMISSIONS
- Each SUBMISSION is tied to one FORM
- A SUBMISSION has many SUBMISSION_ANSWERS
- Each SUBMISSION_ANSWER is part of one SUBMISSION