I have a SSAS Cube with 35 dimensions and 10 measures.
- Some of the dimensions are quite large in size.
- In almost all dimensions data either get updated and inserted.
- Measures have high volume of data.
When I run from SSMS (by right click on SSAS Database) "process full" on database it takes around 1 Hr 30 min.
When I am Processing cube (process full) from SQL Agent job via XMLA script it takes around 1 Hr 20 min.
When I processing dimensions and measures (Process Full) separately via SSMS it is taking 1 hr 50 min.
But when I am processing dimensions and measures from SSIS (DML Task via XMLA) it is taking more than 5 hours. [Memory consumption went to almost 100%]
So my questions are:
- Does processing dimensions and measure from SSIS can cost that much?
- What kind of processing should I choose for fast cube processing. I am doing Process full.
- When I am processing cube from first two options then most of the time cube is getting failed by saying "attribute key not found" but it works well when I process dimensions and measure separately. Doesn't process full cube ensure proper processing of dimension and measures?