We are planning to have some tests to predict how mongo db operates and functions with 2 terabyte of inforamtion on a single collection.
So the plan is to have 15-20 sharded machines (on the same environment / cabinet).
All are considering to have shared EMC storage
I wanted to ask before we start the test :
- IS there any different between:
* Having physical machines writing to independent disks (on the machine).
* Having physical machines writing to the same storage.
* Having virtual machines writing to same storage.
- About memory consumption, What are the hardware considerations about querying this amount of data? If I understand correctly, the advantage when you have massive writes is to do sharding with small-level servers, but is it going to change when you need to have some reads?