My application is running on MySQL 5.1.58 community edition. As I studied on SO websites that After acquisition by Oracle, new InnoDB plugin has been released and MySQL 5.1 with InnoDB plugin is the best for performance. Below is the command which displays the current InnoDB configuration in my system:
mysql> SELECT * FROM information_schema.plugins where plugin_name like 'InnoDB'; PLUGIN_NAME : InnoDB PLUGIN_VERSION : 1.0 PLUGIN_STATUS : ACTIVE PLUGIN_TYPE : STORAGE ENGINE PLUGIN_TYPE_VERSION : 50158.0 PLUGIN_LIBRARY : NULL PLUGIN_LIBRARY_VERSION : NULL PLUGIN_AUTHOR : Innobase OY PLUGIN_DESCRIPTION : Supports transactions, row-level locking, and foreign keys PlUGIN_License: GPL 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
To upgrade this plugin, I have added below in my.ini file:
[mysqld] ignore-builtin-innodb plugin-load=innodb=ha_innodb_plugin.dll;
My plugin folder is below:
E:\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\lib\plugin
ha_innodb_plugin.dll and ha_innodb_plugin.pdb are available in the above plugin directory.
Now, when I check using
show plugins; command, I can't see InnoDB entry in the resultset.
Please answer me below things:
- Why am I not able to see the InnoDB in plugin list?
- Is it possible to upgrade InnoDB plugin with my existing MySQL version?
- If yes, then is it my approach correct?
- If not, what will be the correct approach?
- Will it help me to improve the system performance?
- For this, should I upgrade from mysql 5.1.58 to 5.1.73?