So I am working on my DB design skills, and have tried to create a normalized MySQL database. Here is the diagram:
- The reason I added the Address table is to break the address fields into separate columns, making the geography more searchable (i.e. search for zipcode).
- Employer to Post will be a 1 (employer) to many (post(s))
- My idea for position, since there will be a set number of positions would be to seed a table (Position) and store the position id in the Post table
- Location works under the same premise of Address on the Employer table, however it may vary from the address on the employer table, earning it it's own table.
- Finally, Industry will be seeded just like the Position table.
I would appreciate constructive criticism, as I am still working on becoming better at my schema design.