I have configured a MariaDB Galera cluster with three nodes. The master node and one slave-master node is up and running, but the third node just won't run. The system specs and cluster config are the same on all three nodes (except changing the wsrep_node_address and the wsrep_node_name on each node).
Here is the config for the nodes (wsrep_node_address and the wsrep_node_name are unique on each node):
[galera] binlog_format=ROW default-storage-engine=innodb innodb_autoinc_lock_mode=2 innodb_locks_unsafe_for_binlog=1 query_cache_size=0 query_cache_type=0 bind-address=0.0.0.0 datadir=/var/lib/mysql innodb_log_file_size=100M innodb_file_per_table innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=2 wsrep_provider=/usr/lib64/galera/libgalera_smm.so wsrep_cluster_address="gcomm://192.168.1.111,192.168.1.112,192.168.1.113" wsrep_cluster_name='galera_cluster' wsrep_node_address='192.168.9.113' wsrep_node_name='george-db4' wsrep_sst_method=xtrabackup wsrep_sst_auth=username:password
It seems like MariaDb does not like the config
When I comment it out MariaDB restarts just fine. When I uncomment it, it just displays this message:
Starting MySQL................................... ERROR! ERROR! Failed to restart server.
When I change the wsrep_cluster_address to just
MariaDb runs with no problem. So I am not sure why it is having problems with assigning the IP address (even if it works fine on the other two nodes). I have tried emptying the galera.cache file, I have tried re-installing the cluster, I have tried rebooting the machine etc. and nothing works so far. I even truncated the log file /var/lib/mysql/db1.err with the command truncate logfile --size 0 (now I cannot figure out how to get my log file back with space as I realized I would need the log file).