(main question is 4th)
1. We today have almost all databases running with Oracle 220.127.116.11. Actually we have an RMAN database created (in 18.104.22.168) and a Catalog with user (called RMAN112)
2. We are now installing new databases with version 22.214.171.124.
3. What should we do in order to backup these new database ?
- should we create a new user in the current RMAN databases ? (rman114 ?) even if those RMAN db's are running 126.96.36.199 ?
- should we create a new RMAN database running 188.8.131.52, and new catalogs, dedicated for these 184.108.40.206 databases ?
should we upgrade the current catalog and how ?
I've just tested to register a new 220.127.116.11 database in the current catalog (18.104.22.168), it works, but then i had to do an "upgrade catalog" twice. only problem : the backup of all the 22.214.171.124 databases now fail with errors like :
RMAN-00571: =========================================================== RMAN-03002: failure of backup plus archivelog command at 11/21/2014 16:15:34 RMAN-06004: ORACLE error from recovery catalog database: ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been discarded ORA-04061: existing state of package "RMAN112.DBMS_RCVMAN" has been invalidated ORA-04065: not executed, altered or dropped package "RMAN112.DBMS_RCVMAN" ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called: "RMAN112.DBMS_RCVMAN"
How do i fix that ? and what is the best practice ?
after running a few "resync catalog;" it looks like i can backup a few 126.96.36.199 instances, but i don't really understand how it works..
thanks a lot