we are running two node active/active Oracle11g R2 RAC cluster i need to replace public network cables on each node. I am planning to do as given below:
- OS: oracle Solaris 11.1 Sparc
- Database : oracle11g R2 RAC dual node cluster using ASM
- Middle tier : Microsoft Dot net apps servers
- Client tier : Internet explorer ( BUI )
Public NW Cable replacement Action Plan:
- Prepared and ensured the 2 new Public network cables one for each node
- Check and verify the Database status using srvctl
- first from node 1 i will remove the cable from both (switch port & server port) simultaneously and replace it with the new cable with in few seconds.
- Check and verify the instance status on the new cable (node1) and wait for 5 minutes
- Repeat the steps 2-3 for the node2.
- Check and verify the instance status and wait for some time to ensure the both the instacnes are up and running
- Test the application
Initially check and ensure the Apps servers
tnsnames.ora configuration ( SCAN Names / VIP/node's local ip ) Using SCAN-Names recommended if not observe carefully the TAF behaviour on the node side and the application side as well )
Kindly review the above steps and guide me.
MShafi - Senior System admin Abu Dhabi - UAE