Consider the following scenario:
- We have a SSDT database project.
- We add a new column to the middle of a table.
- This forces the database project to rebuild the table in order to deploy the change.
- We publish this SSDT database project with the setting “Block incremental deployment if data loss might occur” enabled.
- Because we have the above setting enabled, and (also, I think) the table is being rebuilt the deployment (correctly) throws an error saying data loss may occur.
My question is this: Can we rely on the fact that whenever the table needs to be rebuilt as part of a SSDT publish this error will be thrown?