What sort of MySQL query cache should I choose considering the following...
- Large, rapidly growing database (I got 500,000 rows).
- UPDATEs practically never happen.
- SELECTs are rare, but when they do happen, they'll usually happen in huge batches.
- Lots of small INSERTs.
- A row is not usually SELECTed multiple times within a small period of time.
- I want to reduce memory footprint (server is using lots of memory).
Would I be looking for a large cache, or small cache?
From what I understand a cache isn't hugely important as repeated SELECTs are very rare.