I experienced this issue just recently. I was running as the NT SERVICE account and when I switched to using a service account, I could no longer connect using SSMS with the machine name or the FQDN. I could connect with the IP address. With some digging I found that the SPN in Active Directory for the SQL instance was registered on the machine. Once I ...
And, there several different developers which developes that CRM web
app. They know the user name and password from the web config file
they develope. Some of them can connect to my database with that user
and execute some DDL and DML commands. And i want to block them by
their client hostname. If a developer connects to db from his/her
Once a user opens a connection, he has the rights that were configured as server roles plus inside of the databases.
From a technical view point, this could be solved using a trigger but just because it could, doesn't mean it should. (it shouldn't!!)
The way a trigger would work is to check before each DDL / DML statement, if the current statement is being ...