All versions of MongoDB - a scalable, high-performance, open source, document-oriented database.
MongoDB is a widely used, general-purpose, document-oriented NoSQL database with features including high-availability replication and auto-sharding for horizontal scaling. The MongoDB Community Edition database server and tools are open-sourced and available under Server Side Public License (all versions released after October 16, 2018) or AGPL v3.0 license (versions released prior to October 16, 2018). Commercial Licenses are also available from MongoDB, Inc.
MongoDB has strong support for dynamic querying and aggregating data including Map-Reduce and an Aggregation Framework. MongoDB uses BSON (Binary JSON) format for storage purposes and the MongoDB Wire Protocol for communication between client drivers and MongoDB deployments. Officially supported Drivers and Client Libraries are available for most popular programming languages, and there are also Community Supported Drivers which offer alternative implementations and support for further programming languages.
Some relational-styled features
- Secondary Indexes
- Range Queries
Some RDBMS terms and their MongoDB equivalent
- Database => Database
- Table => Collection
- Row => Document
- Column => Field
- Index => Index
- Joins => model relationships using embedding or referencing or use
- SQL to MongoDB Mapping Chart
- SQL to Aggregation Mapping Chart
MongoDB Community Forums are the official home for community discussion, product/driver announcements, and introductions.
MongoDB, Inc. (the company behind MongoDB) provides archives of many presentations from their events such as conferences and webinars. They also develop a number of related tools and services including MongoDB Atlas, MongoDB Cloud Manager, MongoDB Ops Manager, and MongoDB Compass.
- MongoDB Community Forums
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Install MongoDB Server
- MongoDB Cloud - hosted services including MongoDB Atlas, Cloud Manager, and Stitch.
- Client Drivers and Libraries
- Community Supported Drivers
- MongoDB documentation
- MongoDB tutorials
- MongoDB University courses - free online training
- MongoDB JIRA - bug tracking for MongoDB server and drivers
- MongoDB Feedback Engine - feature & improvement suggestions for MongoDB products
- MongoDB Wikipedia Article