Member for 1 year, 9 months
Last seen more than 1 year ago
Lakewood, OH, United States
Professionally, Board Certified Emergency Nurse. I get tapped to give instruction on how to use and improve the electronic medical records, keep Sharepoint updated (and some web-dev), etc.
By night, preparing for a career in computer science. I've worked as a Cryptologic Linguist and as an Intelligence/Data Analyst.
Interested in speech recognition, fast algorithms, user-interfaces, big data, artificial intelligence.
My whole life I've been modifying the computers I use to do what I(or a friend or family member) want, it just never occurred to me that I would love it as a career.
- Created a library of Windows Speech Recognition modifications, connected them to other Speech Recognition engines to run simultaneously(to correct some problems in WSR that didn't have API/hooks), and created a matching library of macros/scripts/bat files wrapped to silent executables for automation before speech automation was hip.
- Play Screeps for fun, a node.js real-time strategy game.
- Developing a cordova-phonegap app (my first professional foray into web/mobile development).
- Created and ran a church website, simple CMS and webserver management.
- Furiously determined to modify the user experience on most software I use, especially games. Targeting and communication scripts in real time, profit prediction in virtual markets.
- Personally built all of my computers since first year of high school, with an interest in low-cost high-performance builds.
- Teaching my home-schooled kids math and programming, while brushing up on Linear Algebra/Discrete Math, Algorithms and Data Structures
- I main support in League of Legends and love to help people.