Questions (and answers):
These sites are a great resource and you will get all the more out them by following the guidelines.
The golden rule for asking questions: Good questions tend to get good answers (and vice versa).
BEFORE asking a question, have you:
- taken the tour (< 1 minute)?
- grasped the dba.se Zeitgeist (what's it's all about ~ 15 mins)?
- checked that your question on-topic (< 1 minute)?
To ask a good question please look here:
- a good witty overview.
- the MVCE - Minimum, Complete and Verifiable Example. See also the Short, Self Contained, Correct (Compilable), Example site.
- for performance queries.
- more helpful ideas here and here.
- the granddaddy of all "How to ask for help" posts by Eric Raymond.
Below here is a Work in Progress!!!!
Query Performance questions:
PostgreSQL oriented, but definitely worth a look.
There are surprisingly few good links on how to answer technical questions - I'll leave the final word on answering to the man who has > 1M points on StackOverflow.
Contae Átha Cliath, Éire.
Member for 5 years, 8 months
5,222 profile views
Last seen 36 mins ago