Questions (and answers):
These sites are a great resource and you will get all the more out them by following the guidelines.
Remember the golden rule for asking questions: Good questions tend to get good answers (the opposite also applies - or your question could be closed/deleted).
BEFORE asking a question, ask yourself:
- Have I taken the tour (< 1 minute)?
- Have I grasped the dba.se Zeitgeist (what's it's all about ~ 15 mins)?
- Is my question on-topic (< 1 minute)?
To ask a good question on dba.stackexchange, please look here:
- a good witty overview.
- the MVCE - Minimum, Complete and Verifiable Example.
- for performance queries.
- more helpful ideas here and here.
- the granddaddy of all "How to ask for help" posts by Eric Raymond.
There are surprisingly few good sites on how to answer technical questions - I'll leave the final word on answering to the man who has > 1M points on StackOverflow.
Contae Átha Cliath, Éire.
Member for 5 years, 1 month
4,626 profile views
Last seen 14 hours ago